Great camel spins on Monday:
- Chest to L of L leg
BACK CAMEL VARIATION
Coach L taught me variation on the back camel:
- Bend L knee
- Twist upper body – R shoulder down and L shoulder up
- Move L arm under the body
The key to staying in position is to focus throughout on staying on the same blade position.
Allow the toe pick to go into the ice (to turn to LBI) before allowing the L arm to go around
- Forward with L arm
- Edge pressure
- Toe, then arm goes around
- Arms behind back
- Turn out R hip
Keep the head weight forwards on the change – it means I wobble less.
- Keep weight over the R side as I step onto the RFI
- Keep L foot down, knee straight and L hip open on entry (to try to get the correct leg position – rather than trying to correct it after a couple of revolutions)
SPIN VARIATION: BACK CAMEL BENT LEG
Try bending the L knee and turning the body up (i.e. L shoulder and arm up; R arm down). I go faster when I do this – and it would get me a level.