FLYING SIT SPIN
Starting with a “hopping upright spin”:
- Back cross over
- Step onto LFO edge with more knee bend
- Point the R foot out and R toe up
- Wait until L blade changes from forwards to backwards (i.e. feel the change from middle of blade to ball) then hop off toe pick while R foot goes up
- Arms: think L arm pulling a vertical rope down; think R arm comes up at same time as R foot
Different way to do a single salchow. Need to get the “crunch” on the R foot consistently. Then can try this as a double:
- Strong RFO edge
- Mohawk to LBI – but keep the R heel down so I get a “crunch” sound on the R foot
- LBI into salchow
Two new ways to transition into an Axel.
- RFI bracket (to LBO edge). Wait until L shoulder is forwards for take off
- (NEW as of today:) RFI counter (to LBI edge); change of edge to LBO – but keep the L knee and hip open
These are both fun and I get more rotation – past 1/4 under and often fully rotated.