From the camel, allow the upper body to come upright a little and drop the bum down a bit while at the same time swinging the R leg around.
I was swinging the R leg around without allowing the body to come upright.
Need a pivot for my Level 4 Elements test for a simple sequence. The sequence requires two things in combination, but coach has given me 3 things. Cleverly, that means that should one thing be a bit wobbly, the other two will still count.
- Crossovers into back camel on RBO
- Cross roll, i.e. put L foot behind R foot (onto LBI?)
- Cross R over L to end up on RBI
- Back outside 3-turn from RBI onto RFO
- Step L foot forward and go into a drag (with R foot behind)
- Step onto inside 3-turn on R foot (i.e. RFI to RBO)
- Then pivot with L toe in ice
- Imagine holding a hockey stick between the hands – in order to keep my hands and shoulders level
- But then ‘let go’ of the hockey stick so that my hands are flat rather than ugly fists!
- Lock knees at 90 degrees
- Push L toe further into the circle
- Gently place L toe into the ice, keeping shoulders and arms level