Coach B got me landing double Salchow back in February. So worth paying attention.
Tips from coach:
CHECK THE R SHOULDER IS BACK (after the 3-turn).
KICK THE R LEG HIGHER into the air.
SQUEEZE THIGHS TOGETHER – as I’m crossing my ankles but not my knees. “Imagine you’re holding a fiver in between your thighs,” he said.
BRING R ARM IN AT SAME TIME AS R LEG. Woman coach said the same thing just yesterday.
So new checklist:
- Shoulder – i.e. L shoulder
- Pause – and check R shoulder is back
- Jump forward / kick higher
- (Rotate around R axis), knee in, toe down
DOUBLE TOE LOOP
Coach B taught me a 5-count process for toe loop:
- Step onto LFO
- Clap hands in front of body (i.e. hands are vertical, arms straight)
- 3-turn and at the same time, the R arm goes back (but goes under, i.e. brush the hand past the body rather than going around)
- Step onto RBO
- Stretch – and overstretch – L toe goes in – “toe and go” jump
Trying it just a half-dozen times already sets me up much more naturally for a toe loop-back spin. So I really like this!
Really liking the drill that woman coach gave me yesterday: RB0 double 3-turn (sets my shoulders up and keeps me on my R axis) and then into loop – I’m definitely getting 1.25 or 1.5 rotation.