BEFORE DOING DOUBLE SALCHOWS, do multiple backspin drills!
Do single salchow, turn in, back spin drills – focus on turning the foot in. TURN IN!
Do single loop, back spin drills. Points:
- Stand tall (as I was previously learning forwards slightly)
- Gradually build up speed – start slowly! Build confidence and technique first
CHANGE FOOT CAMEL SPIN
Generally slow down the change, plus:
- Flex L ankle on change (so as to avoid the toe pick of L blade when pushing up)
- Keep the R knee bent for longer
- Open L hip and bring the L leg behind the body / to the right side more