Coach L identified I was jumping too much “into the circle” – or at least my R leg was going into the circle rather than straight out.
- Arms back
- Toe (i.e. take off from L toe)
- Arms forward/R leg forwards
Coach asked me what I felt in the air. I didn’t really have a sensation I was aiming for. So he taught me to jump my R side forwards (towards the glass).
- Toe/ankle (i.e. take off from R ankle – push up into the air)
- Forwards/gather – i.e. aim R side forwards (towards the glass) and then gather the arms and R side in over the R axis
Similar technique to double Salchow seemed to help me to get my knees tighter in the air.
- Twist – i.e. twist upper body clockwise
- Toe – take off from toe
- Forwards/gather – BUT make sure my L arm does not go out too much – L arm needs to stay close to the body
CHANGE FOOT CAMEL SPIN
Put R little toe down – it helped me to centre my back camel!
- Keep head up
- (Avoid dipping the body down on the change)
- Bring L arm forwards
- Put R foot (R pinkie!) down
- (Then stay slightly forwards on the blade – bottom toe pick)
BACK CAMEL (FROM RFI ENTRY)
Keep the free (L) leg straight from earlier on – rather thant trying to straighten it once in the spin