I was rotating a bit too quickly. Need to drive leg and arms forwards more before turning in. And punch arms out more quickly after landing.
- RFI counter
- Change to RFO edge
- Bend R knee (i.e. will still on RFO)
- Step/bend on L knee
- Kick R knee up + launch arms in direction of travel (and let the foot and arms go a bit further in terms of length…)
- …turn R knee in
Got better rotation by bending at the L ankle before take-off. During lesson, after lesson and on Friday, I continued to get good rotation, landing a couple of 1/4-under double Sals.
- F l o w . . .
- Bend R knee (as stepping onto RFO)
- Bend (at ankle)
- Turn in
During lesson and after, I got better rotation (landing to 1/4-under!) by focusing on twisting R shoulder back. Therefore:
- Twist (i.e. sway) – focusing on R shoulder going quite a way back and around
- Ball of foot for longer
- Forwards – this really helps me to get that extra quarter rotation
- Pull in
JUMP SIT SPIN
Think of the timing as a one-foot Salchow, but jumping on the spot rather than travelling. And bring R foot around to forwards on the (small) jump.