HALF FLIP, ONE-AND-A-HALF FLIP
Working towards a double flip.
- Half flip – i.e. take off as flip, but only a 1/2 rotation to land forwards on R foot
- Immediately put L foot down
- Push off R foot into…
- One-and-a-half flip, i.e. rotate 1 and 1/2
- Take off half flip and one-and-a-half flip with R arm far back – imagine that I’m hugging a redwood treet on my R side
- Pull arms in to R side
I’m bending on the 3-turn, but not bending from the LBI edge – and that’s where I need to be bending.
- Bend – this is the critical bit I’m not doing!
- Pull/twist – i.e. pull to R side
Three mistakes/things I need to do:
- I was winding my upper body but forgetting to wind the legs. Think ‘sway’ from now on.
- I need to get further towards forwards before taking off
- I’m usually not activating the ankle/toe to take off and get that extra bit of height
- Sway – i.e. turn upper body clockwise while also allowing R foot to go onto inside edge before going strongly back onto the outside edge
- (Feet) – (feet crossed, although I do this all the time automatically now, hence the brackets around this)
- Forwards – jump forwards
- Ankle/toe – to get that height