Landed a couple of clean doubles!
Got more height by thinking about jumping through the ankle.
So checklist is:
- Wind (i.e. wind in opposite direction)
- Feet (i.e. L foot is crossed over R foot – both blades on outside edges)
- Forwards (i.e. wait until rotated forwards before taking off)
- Ankle/toe – use the ankle to jump off the toe to get that extra bit of height – the first time I did it, I felt scared by the extra height I got, so this works!
- Pull in – mindfully pull pull pull
Practised one-foot (single) salchows. Think about taking off from forwards – this was helpful!
Checklist for the double:
- Forwards (i.e. wait until LFI takes me to forwards)
- Toe – i.e. take off from toe
- Knee – i.e. kick knee up, but keep R foot closer to body than the knee – this helped me to get an extra 1/4 rotation!
- Twist/pull – i.e. pull in to R side
Cleaned up my single flip. Practise this cleaner, lighter flip for a while.
- Tap towards the diagonal (i.e. on the LFI, tap R to change to LFO) – but jump straight
- Arms – shortly after the tap, reach the R arm forwards, but letting the hand go no further than the L hand
- Toe pick
- Allow the L leg to “get out of the way” – my weight should be a little more over my L side than it has been (I tend to be too much on R side)