Feel like I’m making progress.
- One set of 8 to 10 leg swings (working on hamstrings and quads)
- One set of 5 side-to-side swings to warm up groin
- 5 eccentric gastroc (i.e. straight leg) heel drops – to a count of 10 each
Now sometimes landing at around a quarter rotation under – which counts in ISJ!
- Rotate (i.e. wind upper body and arms clockwise)
- Feet (i.e. L foot crossed over R throughout the take-off and jump)
- Jump forward
- Mindfully pull in – arms and ankles/knees – I need to do this mindfully as I get better rotation when I remember, but usually I’m forgetting to focus on this
Got more height simply by thinking about taking off the toe. That helps me to land to forwards – “only” a half rotation to go.
So perhaps my checklist should be:
- Bounce (i.e. bend knee before 3-turn, and bend again after 3-turn)
- Toe (i.e. jump off toe)
- Wrap (i.e. wrap arms and pull them in)