Worked with coach J today for the first time.
CHANGE FOOT SIT SPIN
This is for the change from back sit TO forward sit:
- From the back sit, come up slightly (i.e. straighten knees a little)
- Then try to get R heel to L heel at 90 degrees to each other
- Transfer weight to R (she said to “drop the weight onto the R foot) and try to spin on the same circle
- Move the L foot in front but keep the L foot close to the R knee (rather than swinging it around in a circle – which made me drop onto LFI too aggressively). Keeping the knees together and keeping the L foot in probably helped the most.
R FOOT SIT SPIN IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION
Coach J said:
- Bend more at hip
- Stay off toe – stay on ball of R foot