Still focusing on the same technique pointers. However, if I focus on toe and kicking, I can’t yet get the feet crossed tightly. So I shall for the time being focus on a smaller jump but getting the right foot under the left and keeping the weight on my R side. So:
- Shoulders – keep L shoulder forward and R shoulder back
- Head – i.e. neutral head position
- Edge – i.e. allow the LBI edge to develop
- Toe – take off from the L toe
- Kick/look – kick the R knee up while looking forward
- Under – get the R foot under the L foot
Still doing the same drills.
On 3-turns, keep the weight over the R side and allow the feet and hips to do the turning. Avoid straightening too much on the turns – try to keep the weight slightly forwards and over the knee.
On loop, loop – try playing around with the R arm. Keep the shoulders level but try to scoop the R arm from back behind the body in an arc past the waist and up to generate lift. At the moment, when I do this, I drop my R shoulder – so try to bring the arm up without dropping the shoulder.