Skated at Brixton today. Weird, hollow-sounding ice.
Anyway, progress on double Salchow drill.
New checklist – the blue bits are the bits I’m focusing on:
- Head – i.e. look ahead/to the R (rather than L)
- Edge – allow the LBI edge to develop
- Kick – i.e. kick the R leg up into a h-shape
- (R side – i.e. pull into the R side) – think this bit may be superfluous if I focus on the next step ‘under’
- Under – i.e. R foot under L
This often felt fairly natural and fairly secure on landing. I *think* I’m crossing in the air. And mostly landing 1.25 rotations (and occasionally closer to 1.50). So if I keep practising this and can manage just a little height, perhaps I’ll get 1.75 easily enough.