The best free skater at our rink had some constructive observations about my double Salchow:
- He told me to “stretch it out”. Also said that everything looked “mini” – crunched in, rushed, I guess. So I need to elongate the LBI edge.
- He spotted that I changed edge on my LBI (to LBO and back).
- Said my rotation was slow – slower than my Axel
- Said I needed more confidence as the technique is there
- Confidence – “I can do this!”
- Edge, bend – i.e. wait and hold the LBI edge (without changing edge); bend knee ready to jump
- (Knee in, toe down IF I have time to think about it – but maybe thinking about this will help to get the rotation going?)